- The top benefits of social media marketing: The number-one advantage of social media marketing (by a long shot) is generating exposure for the business, indicated by 85% of all marketers, followed by increasing traffic (63%) and building new business partnerships (56%).
- Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and blogs were the top four social media tools used by marketers, respectively. (for Cisco I would move Blogs after Twitter)
- Only 14% of businesses are outsourcing any aspect of their social media marketing. (I’d say about 14% of groups within Cisco are outsourcing some component of their social media marketing so that’s consistent with what I’m seeing)
- 56% of marketers are using social media for 6 hours or more each week and 30% for 11 or more hours weekly
- Those who've been using social media for years picked Video/YouTube as the top area in which they will be increasing their efforts, with 81%
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Cool Social Media Survey
The Social Media Examiner just released a new report: 2010 Social Media Marketing Industry Report that covers how marketers are using social media to grow their business. Here are some of the highlights that stuck out for me: